The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Which episodes would you recommend I rewatch?

You don't know what you've started here Fielding.

I'll bet even money there's a good chance 68 of 69 episondes will get a mention if everyone participates here.

Re: Re: Which episodes would you recommend I rewatch?

To pick my top three is very, very hard but I'll try.

(Not in any particular order)

1. Exercise in Fatality
2. Agenda for Murder
3. Make ME a Perfect Murder

ken osha!! you're a pip!!

Thanks to all of you people for your wonderful replies and all so quick. I did realise after typing that I had asked a very toguh question bout top 3s.

Re: Re: Which episodes would you recommend I rewatch?

I'm surprised no one mentioned Prescription: Murder, perhaps because it wasn't techically an episode; but everyone should have fun seeing Falk's debut--the beginning of the role.

Re: Re: Re: Which episodes would you recommend I rewatch?

Just watched Prescription Murder again 2 days ago.

I like the episode a lot, but I didn't like the continued slurred speech patterns of Columbo with the cigar in his mouth.

Of course the character really hadn't developed yet, although the plot formula was almost as good as any.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Which episodes would you recommend I rewatch?

I agree and I think the character seemed to grow right before our eyes when he gave Miss Hudson that "You'll be followed . . .and you'll be hounded" speech.

That was a great scene. "You seem worried, Miss Hudson. Whatsamatter, you've never seen a pair of sunglasses before?"

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Which episodes would you recommend I rewatch?

any of thejack Cassidy , Robert Culp or patrick Mc Goohan movies, would be a great start

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Which episodes would you recommend I rewatch?

I think Columbo's character is quite
well developed in "Prescription Murder".
Peter Falk already had the role down
when he did it, and he kept it up faithfully for several seasons (i.e. his
"modest, mildly eccentric" persona) until
"Last Salute to the Commodore", which as others point out is a very poor episode, and the one in which Peter Falk decided to change the role to "arrogant and goofy" which he was in many, but not all, of the remaining episodes of the original 1970's series.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Which episodes would you recommend I rewatch?

i personally really like Lovely but Lethal, but i can and do watch them all over and over all the time.