The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Now You See Him

Cassa..the point I was trying to make was that the letter produced by Columbo would be expected by us to be made of normal paper.

Even though the flash flame may have ignited the letter, I still think that it would have burned more normally.

Your point is good that we would not necessarily have expected Santini to have the flash trigger/mechanism with him as he entered the final scene....but does Clark Kent travel without his "S" cape ??

I have used a flash flame in a little magic performance that I did once, and the little trigger igniter (which is hidden) carries a small tiny wad of flash material.

The effect is a quick flash and flame.

I just think that the paper (for columbo's letter) was rigged and made of flash material for the razzle dazzle symbolic magic counterplay of the story's ending.

Therefore the original question raised here, while being an interesting point or observation, is a moot point in my mind because the first scene burning was normal, and the second, although triggered by Santini, in a flash mode, the paper should have ignited but not gone up in a POOF.

Re: Now You See Him

i'm going cross-eyed ....but i think i got you abe!

"Nadcuffs"!! OUCH!!!!

c.g.!!!!!