The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Great Alibis

Recentrly saw Publish or Perish again and I have to admit how much I enjoyed it. It seems to get better with repeated viewings, well there are few episodes that don't I guess. But what stood out for me was the classic scene where Riley Greenleaf sets up his alibi. I LOVE Jack Cassidy's drunken scenes in the bar - "You and this place desreve each other"-but the ultimate must be the scene where he reverses into the camper van and his drunken berating of the man and his wife, the plastic surgery line just cracked me up.

Any memories of this great episode or other great set up alibis you ant to share?

Re: Great Alibis

Justin Rowe and Cooper from Columbo goest to college also had quite good alibi, they were in a classroom while the murder happened, because everything was remotely controlled.

And Hasan Sallah...simple alibi (he was in his rooms), but nobody can prove he wasn't really there.

About Riley Greenleaf...I liked his alibi, but he traps himself fast, if I remember correctly, he mentions that there were 2 people that crashed to him, although Columbo doesn't tell that.So if he was dead drunk, how would he remember that there 2 and not remember anything else.And another thing-if he was really dead drunk, he wouldn't been able to drive a car and he should have at least partial memory, at least from my own experiences-if I was ever dead drunk, I still have some memories and wasn't able to operate any machinery.Maybe drunk Cassidy is exception.

Re: Re: Great Alibis

"Negative Reaction". How many perpetrators
are willing to shoot themselves? Really clever
(but not clever enough!) set up by Galesko.

I haven't seen this one in a good 8 or 9 months now...but I like the scene where Riley stubles into the party at the beginning of the episode and confronts his former writer, the writer who wants to move on to a new publisher.

The scene were Columbo is at the restaurant and orders Chili is funny too.

"Here, buy yourself a personality" (Publish or Perish)

Wuahaha; that's what Jack Cassidy said after giving some money to the bartender while he was being kicked out.

By the way, referring to the first post; I thought Jack Cassidy said "You and this place deserve to be in The Valley".

Hey, I was born and raised in the
(San Fernando) Valley that he was
referring to! I'm offended!

Cassidy pretending to be drunk.

Officer: "Sir ?.....Sir !"

Cassidy: "What, what...what, what, what is it, what !?"

Officer: "What are you doing here parked in the park ?"

Cassidy: "Cu, cuz there's a sign out there that said no parking in the street"

Officer: "Step out of your car please, sir"

Cassidy: "Certainly...certainly not !! I am on my way home officer, so would you kindly shut that door please.

Officer: "Please step out of the car sir"

Cassidy: "If you want me to get out of this car officer.., or sergeant, you're gonna have to drag me out !"

Officer: (Calling his partner) Uh, Fred...

Cassidy: "Hm, need help hah !?" :p

One of the best alibis of the series was "The Bye Bye Sky High I.Q. Murder Case."