The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The most dangerous match

This one aired on UK satellite yesterday morning and again it was one I knew but not al the little details of. I was pleasantly surprised and a strong guest star I felt. Noticed it didn't get too many votes on the site poll, anyone think why?

Re: The most dangerous match

I actually watched that on DVD today and was wondering the following. If HANLAN'S office was bugged, couldn't they tell that he didn't call at 2:30 from there?

Why couldn't they see there was NO CALL from that office at 2:30?

Re: The most dangerous match

Jonathan, you have 'The Most Dangerous Match' confused with 'The Most Crucial Game'. TMDM was the one with the chess game. TMCG was the one with Hanlon and football.

But to answer your question, that confused me for a while too, until I realized that Hanlons office is not the same as his 'box', where he was watching the game from and where he allegedly made the call to Eric.

Re: Re: The most dangerous match

I wasn't so crazy for The most dangerous match. I think I missed all the glamourous surroundings that went with so many of the previous films, & I wasn't thrilled with the ending all hinged on the murderer being deaf & that crushing machine.

It was good but just not in my list of favourites.