The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Columbo Cries WOOF

I managed to get a copy of this episode and I watched it last night. I've gotta say that it kind of gets a

I was not overly impressed with the plot. And Columbo would have to get a ton (and I mean TON) of approval before doing all that digging in the yard. So on a scale of 1-10, it gets about 3 1/2.

Anyone else care to comment on it? I'm interested to see if I'm alone in my opinions.

Re: Columbo Cries WOOF

I kinda liked it because it was different in the sense that we were led to believe that Diedre Hall was dead.

Not a great ep but better than many of the later series shows.

Re: Re: Columbo Cries WOOF

Spending $175 for that bottle of champagne in Murder of a Rock Star looks cheap compared to this digging.

Kind of like Blueprint for Murder.

I thought episode was entertaining.

Re: Re: Re: Columbo Cries WOOF

This brings up an interesting question: how much money would a public agency/city spend to help solve a murder? What if the building had been put up before Columbo solved the crime, would the city of LA simply say it's not cost effective or what?

I quite liked this one as it does pull the rug out from under your feet but then ends up back on track. Also I really liked the final scene where Columbo asks to make the call and phones the pager, very nice. Overall, I would give this an 8/10

I give it a 7.8436 out of 10.0

Ya know it's funny -- I've always rejected the post 78 episodes as nothing more than lame overkill, and it's observations like these that prove how correct I am. I've only seen two of them myself (College and Ashes) but who needs to gag on more than that to reach the same conclusion?

I can tell you this ... if they dare to do another one (and I very much doubt they will), then it shall be the last salute to Falk's humidor.

"Columbo Cries Wolf" was one of the best ABC years episodes. I give it at least an 8 out of 10.

Good to see another Johnny Carson reference, making sure that "Forgotten Lady" was not the only one.

karl said...
"Ya know it's funny -- I've always rejected the post 78 episodes as nothing more than lame overkill, and it's observations like these that prove how correct I am. I've only seen two of them myself (College and Ashes) but who needs to gag on more than that to reach the same conclusion?"

karl, i haven't seen too many of the abc columbos. and the ones i have seen have not thrilled me all that much. BUT the only problem is that i cannot judge all of the 'newer' episodes on the limited few that i have seen.
yes, the ones i have seen have been sub-par for me..but i truly can't make a judgement on all of them because i am not familar with them....

I've never seen a single episode of "Prison Break", therefore it obviously SUCKS!

I've seen only a single episode of "24" and I wasn't impressed. Therefore every episode obviously SUCKS!

I've seen only one episode of "Lost" and I wasn't impressed. Therefore, every episode obviously SUCKS!

Do we get the concept here? Basing an opinion of an entire "era" of 24 "Columbo" episodes by the judgement of only 2 of those episodes is a clear indication that the person forming the opinion is a complete idiot.

A small number of the ABC episodes were quite bad. Most of the episodes were of quality above that of the average made-for-tv movies. A good number of the ABC "Columbo" episodes were SUPERIOR television, and SUPERIOR "Columbo", far-outdoing several of the original NBC episodes. "Columbo Cries Wolf" was one of those VASTLY SUPERIOR episodes.

Now then, someone mentioned that getting permission to tear up a yard looking for a body would take a whole lot of doing. Someone else said it would probably never happen. All I need do is remind you of what just happened a month or so ago concerning the FBIs search for Jimmy Hoffa. They tore up a farm looking for the body, and destroyed an incredibly expensive horse stable and the results were zero.

headache, why oh why am i not surprised that i would see a post from you on here??