The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Best facial expressions

I'm not sure but I think the 2nd scene you described, isn't in "Forgotten lady".Or maybe there's exactly the same scene in some other Columbo, that's sure.

Re: Best facial expressions

Columbo's embarrassed grin when Ward Fowler catches Columbo in his trailer, wearing Fowler's big white Panama hat and clomping around in his elevator shoes.

... in dagger of the mind..columbo's reactions to the autopsy photos that are being passed around while he is eating lunch at the men's club.

Al Como's face and words in "A Friend In Deed", while he is being questioned. It was priceless!!

He sees a dead corps and cops swarming all over the place, all of this while being the only black male in the area!.....during the 70's !

You do the math

Re: Re: Best facial expressions

Agreed, that scene in "Friend in Deed" is very good.
He couldn't wait to get out of there. The hostility
of the (IIRC) Hispanic cop was pretty effective also.

oh such great ones already listed.

I love Leslie Williams's withering smug smile as Columbo explains to her why she is guilty.

I loved her little "Columbo fumbling and stumbling along, the homely anectdotes about the wife" speech. The way she delivered it - good scene.

You'd think it would work better later on in the series, after the audicence gets to know him better instead of episode 2, but it was still effective.

Re: Re: Re: Best facial expressions

His expression right after the car accident in "Make Me A Perfect Murder." He says, " I think I hurt my neck." Crashed looked very painful.

Hello all! It's fun visiting again after such a long while away and not having watched Columbo in a while.

There are so many great expressions, especially from the original series!

One that immediately springs to mind is Dale Kingston's look of desperation when Columbo reveals his gloved hands.

I also like the murderer's painful cringe turning to disbelief that Columbo is still alive in "Columbo Goes to the Guillotine".

Gotta see another episode one of these days!

To digress - wonder when we'll see a new Columbo movie? I also still wish upon a star that there would be some sort of Columbo reunion or gathering with Falk, McGoohan and other guest stars. What fun that would be!

hi rebecka

The look on Adrian Carsinis face when he's in the car with his secretary and she's making overtures towards him. He looks like he bit into a lemon!

The sheepish smile on Columbo when he realizes his request to Paul Galesco for a picture of a dog is absurd.

cigar george said...
"The sheepish smile on Columbo when he realizes his request to Paul Galesco for a picture of a dog is absurd."

and what a wonderful scene that is!!..levinson & link didn't think peter would go for that idea of columbo asking for the picture...and they were so happiply surprised when he did!! fantastic scene!!

These two . . . know each other

From A Trace of Murder. The coffee scene at Barney's, then again when Patrick opened the front door for Mrs. Calvert/Falk.

Re: These two . . . know each other

I mentioned this elsewhere, but Ray Milland's glare at Bob Dishy when he's reading him his rights in Greenhouse Jungle. Dishy forgets who is in which position, so to speak, and his voice falters.