The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Seasons 6 and 7 announced

I don't know that it was a foregone conclusion. Afterall, as some speculated, it would have been another way for Universal to milk it for more money by separating the seasons into separate releases, and just add trivial filler material (i.e. more Mrs. Columbo episodes) to justify the sales price.

I am happy that they chose otherwise though.

Re: Seasons 6 and 7 announced

Right on! I am happy they did the right thing and put them together. I hope no one decided to pull another boner like they did with Season 3 and double side the DVDs. I thought that was a cheap way to save a buck, at the cost of a huge amount of minor scratches. The lifespan of that set will be cut down quite a bit. Doing things like that just promotes DVD copying, I know I'm tempted in order to get some longevity out of that set. Being I own the originals, I don't believe that is illegal, but nonetheless, I should have to be doing that.

But hats off to the Studios for doing the right thing.

Now I wonder what they will do when the single made for TV movies start to get done on DVD????

Re: Re: Seasons 6 and 7 announced

My guess is that Universal has figured out a comfortable - and econmical way - for them, based on the last two season releases: 2 episodes per disc, inside individual slim-line jewel cases. While they did it with 3 cases for the Seasons 4 & 5, they now just have to add 1 more disc / case to cover the 8 combined episodes of a Season 6/7 release. At least, one has to hope for such....

Re: Seasons 6 and 7 announced

Dude, you can copy that stuff without having to worry.

Since you own the original DVD's, you have the right to make backup-copies for your own use.