The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Best gotchas

hands down:

leslie williams, as described above

the commissioner in "a friend in deed"

the ending of "candidate for crime"

oh, wait! i forgot!

deadly state of mind is excellent, too.

oh hell!! they are all great endings!!

Re: Re: Best gotchas

LOL Arent they, though?

i just love columbos face as he stares at robert culp and culp is sweating up a storm when the clock chimes on the tape recorder!!! culp's face is also priceless... i mean he by no means had hard evidence on him but columbo;s gothca face is priceless!!!

For me has got to be the one that sticks in my mind - Columbo Cries Wolf! That was amazing when Columbo asks to make a local call.

Also for some reason love Ward Fowler's very theatrical way of saying "****" when Columbo told him that he forgot to wipe the bullets!

How could anyone forget the one that started it all: 'Prescription: Murder', with Dr. Flemings instant metamorphosis from gloating mastermind to trapped rat!

A Friend In Deed !!! Yeah.
"This is my place" LOL "My underwear, suits, tie, pictures" hahahaha

And in The Most Crucial Game, when the clock sounds at the end, in the office.

Publish Or Perish had a nice ending too; with the drafts for the Vietnam books.

And lots, lots, lots more! :)

Goes to College - "Yes but we didn't find the murder weapon in Dominic Doyle's car. This is my wife's car. And this is a picture of our niece . . . and our dog."

I love the way Columbo also proves his trap is genuine, the pictures, the socks and underwear in the bureau drawer, the pajamas . . . ya gotta love it.

Re: Re: Re: Best gotchas

Oh yes, I remember another good scene.Rest in peace, mrs Columbo...I don't remember exact quotation, but Vivian says sth similar to "You'll be lying dead on your kitchen floor" and Columbo replies sth like "I'm afraid that's not possible.You see, this is not my kitchen."

Re: Re: Re: Re: Best gotchas

A Friend In Deed
Deadly State of Mind
Suitable For Framing
My 3 favorite endings.