The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NEWS: Peter Falk's Book: "Just One More Thing"

According to Publishers Weekly, Peter's book will be out next month, in September:

http://www.publishersweekly.com/article/CA6361905.html

Meanwhile, this book is already listed on Amazon.com, supposedly as having come out on July 28, with a 2-5 week delivery time. There's no picture of the book-cover.

So, it's all a bit confused and tentative, but it does appear that Peter's long-awaited autobiography will be a reality, available soon.

Re: NEWS: Peter Falk's Book: "Just One More Thing"

Here's the description from the publisher's site, which says the book is out in "Fall 2006" (still no image of the book-cover):

http://www.pgw.com/catalog/search.asp?ISBN=0786717955

Just One More Thing
Peter Falk

ISBN-10: 0-7867-1795-5
ISBN-13: 978-0-7867-1795-8
$25.95 (Canada ????)
Trade Cloth
280pp, 6 x 9
Carton Qty: 20
Memoir
BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Entertainment & Performing Arts
BIO005000
Fall 2006
Rights: W

Carroll & Graf

Description:
In Just One More Thing Peter Falk — award-winning actor — takes us behind-the-scenes into his professional and private life. Starting in Hartford, where he worked as a management analyst for the Connecticut State Budget Bureau., Falk was no more successful than at an earlier attempt to work with the CIA. He then turned to an old college interest: acting. Falk came to prominence in 1956 in the successful Off-Broadway revival of The Iceman Cometh. Although he worked continuously for the next three years, a theatrical agent advised him not to expect much work in motion pictures because of his glass eye. Surgeons had removed his right eye, along with a malignant tumor, when he was three years old.

But in 1958, Falk landed his first movie, Murder Incorporated, and was nominated for an Oscar. A Pocketful of Miracles garnered his second Oscar nomination, but it was through his collaboration with filmmaker John Cassavetes that Falk entered into his most creative period in 1970 when movies such as A Woman Under the Influence helped launch the independent film movement.

Through television, however, Falk reached his widest audience — portraying the inimitable Lieutenant Columbo throughout the 1970s and winning four Emmys.

i have no words ted!!!!!!!!!!! but thanks!!! yay!!!

Re: Re: NEWS: Peter Falk's Book: "Just One More Thing"

Cass....wow, easy on the icons woman

hope i didn't blind you!!! i'm just happy!! yay!!

Ted, I have never loved you more.

Joe

let's group hug him joe!!! come on...you know you wanna!!!

Wouldn't this make a great birthday gift, Franco?!!?

This is great, it'll coincide nicely with the release of seasons 6&7, a personal 'extras' released by Peter himself. Instead of a few interviews we get whole book!

Yeah, and even better, my birthday is next month! -- just in time for the book AND completing the DVD set. My wife (that's Mrs Kerin) will not be short on gift suggestions.

As you could tell, I was a little hesitant about the book announcement -- it seems weird that there's no cover picture available yet, and the publisher, I hate to say, seems a little ...out there (based on their home page). Still, Publisher's Weekly seems a reliable source, and I don't like to think Amazon would be taking orders if the book was vaporware.

We'll probably see more publicity about it in the coming weeks, but...you heard it here first.