The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: More Comments on "Playback"

I did enjoy this one, ok not the finest but some nice scenes e.g Columbo asking how much the air vent costs and I do like the end where Harold is almost shouting at his wofe to get him out of the mess he's in with the invitation and of course a very dishy receptionist at the art gallery!

Re: More Comments on "Playback"

Well, I kind of like this episode...I admit I never really connected the dots regarding only the bedroom door opening, and the ability of the videotape to zoom like that is pure fiction, but, you know, when you like something you generally give it more slack than otherwise. I like the acting, and I like the story line in general, even though the technical details don't add up. I love that scene in the art gallery where the 'nice new young girl'(lol) looks over at Harold and he gives her that flirtatious gaze..makes me crack up every time I see it.

Re: More Comments on "Playback"

yes, that leer was exceptionally well done.

i also love the little gestapo bow he gives mrs. midas as he is leaving the room after being fired.

Re: More Comments on

I personally would rate it as my 2nd favourite ep, only after "Try and Catch Me"

Re: More Comments on

What I like about Columbo is watching Columbo and the suspect interact. This is why I can watch an episode so many times.

Playback had some really good interaction between Columbo and Harold. Watching Harold's pent up anger and frustration was fun, especially when confronted by an innocent person just doing his job without a care in the world, meanwhile Harold has all this guilt, anger and frustration boiling inside.

One of the best examples of this was Death Lends A Hand.

As for the doors opening when the gun was shot, in the surveillance tape you can see the front door open while the Margret falls to the ground. And there's a goof on the tape.... there is a puff of gunshot smoke that comes out in the upper left hand corner of the surveillance tape....there's no way the gun was shot from behind the camera mounted up on the wall!