The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: People That Could Have Been Killers - But Weren't

my choose for a perfect guest murderer would be leslie nielsen. I think that he is very goofd and would play a nasty villian like the person he played in creep show

Re: Re: People That Could Have Been Killers - But Weren't

Oh man that was a creepy skit with him burying Ted Danson in the sand.

Glub-glub-glub . . . .

Re: Re: Re: People That Could Have Been Killers - But Weren't

This is my list, based on who would have been appropriate casting given their particular status in the 1970s.

#1-Joan Collins. Would have been far better than Vera Miles in "Lovely But Lethal."

#2-Fred MacMurray. "Columbo" would have been a great way to flex his muscles after "My Three Sons" and recall the roles he did in films like "Double Indemnity" and "The Apartment"

#3-Richard Crenna

#4-Leslie Nielsen

#5-Diana Rigg and Patrick MacNee in the same episode. (Who knows, maybe inspired alternate casting for "Dagger Of The Mind"?)

#6-Julie London. If they'd written the Faye Dunaway script in the 70s, Julie would have been ideal for that part.

Re: Re: Re: Re: People That Could Have Been Killers - But Weren't

Wasn't Julie London nurse McCall on Emergency???

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: People That Could Have Been Killers - But Weren't

Yes, that's her biggest TV claim to fame. Before that, she was well-known as a very sultry nightclub singer.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: People That Could Have Been Killers - But Weren't

For obvious reasons, I've often thought of Ben Gazzara.

Re: People That Could Have Been Killers - But Weren't

ahh, grant!! my heart would melt!!!