The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Agenda for Murder

Not sure what other people think but when I watc this one of all the new epsiodes it comes closest to feeling like a 1970s episode. I just love Columbo's relentless follwoing of Finch, that would have really hacked me off!

Re: Agenda for Murder

Patrick McGoohan directed "Agenda For Murder" well. He paid attention to small details showing as showing Finch from the point of view of in his car while seeing Columbo drop by for an unexpected visit in the morning.

Re: Re: Agenda for Murder

Nice touch when he smacks the steering wheel upon the sight of Columbo.

I agree. This episode is among my favorites of the later day Columbo. This is definitely one of the newer ones worth watching again..

Re: Re: Agenda for Murder

This was as solid of a columbo episode that I've ever seen. Thanks to Patrick McGoohan.

This is my second favorite eposide of the new Columbos. I especially like McGoohan's direction in the scene where Finch places both the gun (right hand) and the incriminating piece of cheese (left hand) on the table at the same time. Most people are probably paying attention to the gun, not the cheese, so the ending comes as a surprise even though it plays fair with the audience. McGoohan's performance is as strong as his direction and makes Finch one of the most likeable Columbo villains. Not surprisingly, this aired during sweeps in February 1990.