The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Grand Deceptions

This episode, judging by the Columbo vote, doesn't appear to be too popular with fans. I watched it again yesterday and I have to admit I like it. I think Braille was an arrogant killer and I loved the ending where Columbo states that he and Braille agree but really don't like each other. I also love that line about militray mintaures - that's toy soldiers and Braille's telling of Columbo not to patronise him. Simple soultion with the box of books but nicely done.

Any views on what for me is an underrated episode?

Re: Grand Deceptions

It was just an "OK" episode for me. Obviously, Braille was a mean SOB. And really defiant throughout the whole thing with General Padgett and his wife. I give it a 6.5 out of 10

Re: Re: Grand Deceptions

But we never see how he switched the books with the soldiers, so we don't know how he did his trick. So we have no way of trying to solve the crime.

Joe

Re: Re: Re: Grand Deceptions

"Grand Deceptions" gets better with repeated viewings. I did not care for it when first seeing it. My opinion changed for the better when seeing it a few more times.