The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ruth Litton Was a Bee-otch

good one david!

That was a strange episode with a fine-yet-incongruous cast of lead characters, and no matter how many times I've seen the ep over the years, I could never accept the Brunetted Bucktoothed Berlin as the niece.

Anyway, it's been awhile now and details are vague, but I think Lytton framed the daughter she never had to settle an old score over what (in her mind) should have been.

If I recall correctly, her sister ran off with the man she was supposed to marry, but come on folks, the capacity of Ruth's sadism hardly required interpretation when she could gun her brother down like murdering family members was just another loathesome chore.

but karl..throughout the episode there were such conflicting ideas and emotions of ruth lytton. on one hand she was the matriarch of the family, loving and protecting at every turn...and in the next moment she was killing off her brother and framing her niece. i just don't get it...but maybe that is the reason that i find her one of the most intriguing murderers that has ever appeared as a columbo murderer. she is the epitome of the complex character.

Don't certain species of Lizard eat their young if they hang around too long? There you go.

ha ha ha!!!! there was a certain resemblance to lizards in that family...