The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Just One More Plug: "Columbo Music" with Dawidziak tonight, KSAV

did you actually call in again david? cool! i sort of wanted to call in again too...but i am at our summer house on vacation and i didn't even get to listen to the program. i will definitely try and get it when we go home, and i will listen for your great philly voice!!

Great, David -- I was hoping some of you would call. I'm on the East coast (like you), where the boradcast time was 10:30-midnight, and after working late, frankly, I was just too exhausted. But I've downloaded the podcast, and look forward to hearing it.

Bruce (and others), when trying to listen to this at work I think I heard the host mention that there's an article (or articles?) out there somewhere on the internet with a very thorough analysis on music used in Columbo throughout the series. Any idea where such an article or articles could be found? I, for one, would be very interested.

I especially admire Goldenberg's and Mellé's work for the early seasons, while some later scores are not nearly as impressive (but then again I'm a big fan of early seasons - and season 1 especially - anyway).

Re: Re: Just One More Plug: "Columbo Music" with Dawidziak tonight, KSAV

The article "The Mysterious World Of COLUMBO" appears in FILMSCORE MONTHLY ON-line.

v.11 n0.3

www.filmscoremonthly.com

As I mentioned in a previous post, the magazine is subscription based.You can pay for one month and cancel if you only wish to read that particular article. You will also have access to our vast archive of articles and downloads.

Thanks for the post, Bruce. I enjoyed the broadcast.

Re: Re: Just One More Plug: "Columbo Music" with Dawidziak tonight, KSAV

cool!