The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for old information

Hi everybody!

After one long period off-internet, here I am to ask you a question. Long ago I read something in this web site about somebody having phoned LAPD and asked questions about retirement age and such things. I cannot remember whether it was in the Scrapbook or any other section, or in the forum. Also, I read an analysis about Columbo being a New Yorker and his life until he became a lieutenant at LAPD. Can you tell me where I can find all that? Thanks!

(Also, good news - I've seen that the DVDs of the third season will be released in October -yes, we have a slight delay here in Spain!)

Re: Looking for old information

Welcome back, amigo. The description of Columbo's life, as reconstructed from the many little clues dropped throughout the episodes, is in the Scrapbook area of this site. The link says "Columbo Chronology: A Biography of Columbo".

Th info about the real-life retirement age for LAPD was posted here on the Forum, a couple of years ago. I'm afraid I don't recall who posted it.

Re: Re: Looking for old information

Thanks, Ted! I wonder how come I didn't find that section about Columbo Chronology in the Scrapbook. As for the other question, well, bad luck!