The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Toughest Allibis to Crack

Here are my nominees for the toughest allibis.

1. Identity Crisis. The CIA thing sure sent Columbo off in a different direction, and if it wasn't for Brenner's slip up on the tape recording, Columbo wouldn't have solved the case.

2. Agenda for Murder and the lovable Oscar Finch. He has senator Macky back him up. I wonder though how Columbo uncovers the scandal in the DA's office from 20 year prior. That question still haunts me.

3. Requeim for a Falling Star. The shriner's ring was Columbo's only saving grace.

4. Forgotten Lady. You really have to feel for Mrs. Willis (Wheeler). I wonder what happens to Ned Diamond after he "falsely" confesses. Jail until Grace buys the farm.

5. Columbo Goes to the Guillitine. Elliott Blake was a man of fantastic intelligence. He was minutes away from starting a new life. I loved the way Columbo and the "Young Magician" set him up for a fall however.

6. Uneasy Lies the Crown. Wes Corman could have easily walked away from this one. Columbo used big-time trickery with the laudry blue-ing incident to capture him. What if it hadn't worked? I think Corman walks.

And finally.....

7. It's All In The Game. Without a confession, no
case, no conviction.

Re: Toughest Allibis to Crack

"Negative Reaction". Although there was
circumstantial evidence-particularly the 10 photos of Alvin Deschler from San Quentin Prison, there was no direct link between Galesko and Deschler, because Galesko's lawyer could have used the excuse that Galesko told Columbo, i.e. that Deschler remembered Galesko from his visit to the prison and decided to make him his next victim.

The Case of Immunity

Sallah was in his rooms, everybody says he was there but nobody in fact didn't see him.A simple, but good alibi.

Most crucial game: Paul Hanlon's defense could very easily argue that his clock hadn't been wound and therefore wasn't chiming. I doubt very much a jury would convict on evidence that wasn't there as opposed to evidence that was.

Re: Re: Toughest Allibis to Crack

Murder By the Book
Suitable For Framing
The Most Crucial Game
Candidate For Crime
Double Exposure
Playback
The Bye-Bye Sky High I.Q. Murder Case