The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Peter's Book: Anybody got it?

No, you make perfect sense, YM. That is why I asked the question. I have a family member who loves a different celebrity, but it is not because of one show--it is because of him....so she collects everything she finds about him, no matter where it is from.

Me, personally, I love Columbo. I have great affection for Peter Falk for having brought Columbo to life, but I have no desire to see, for example, the Christmas movies he has done. I started watching one once, and ended up putting on "Ransom for a Dead Man" for the 300th time, instead. I am interested in the autobiography mainly for anything new or interesting he has to say about what it was like to do Columbo, and be Columbo.

Thanks for articulating that, YM. Cassa, can you say just generally, are you learning new things about Columbo from the autobiography? How rich is the book in that regard?

"Cassa, can you say just generally, are you learning new things about Columbo from the autobiography? How rich is the book in that regard?"

laura..i have read and heard so much stuff about peter falk throughout my lifetime so some of the stories are like little nuggets of my memories that i have heard about time and time again, especially the stuff with cassavetes. but there are a few that are new to me..so that is fun.
one example.........oh dear!! should i do a *spoiler alert*??????....
well there is one 'chapter' where he talks about the song 'this old man' and how he incorporated it into a scene of columbo..and it was just so wonderful to read about.

if you get to read this book, please listen to the words closely..you can actually hear peter saying them..you can hear his voice and you can sense his humor...it is really a trip!

thanks for the review, cassa. i am glad his voice comes through. i am really looking forward to it. :)