The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Case of Immunity " Let the Lab Boys handle it "

After watching " A Case for Immunity " for the 100th time I noticed something for the very first time. While blowing up the safe and handling the tire iron which he uses to kill Youseff Alafa( Andre Laurence )with ,Hassan Salah( Hector Elizondo )has no gloves on thus leaving his fingerprints all over the place. As the scene begins Salah is wearing black leather driving gloves while is opening the safe and burning the documents which he has removed. However he takes off the gloves when is is prepairng the plastic explosive and setting the timer used to blow open the safe. He then again uses his bear hands to handle the tire iron which he kills the security chief with. He then hands the tire iron to Rahmin Habib ( Sal Mineo, who is wearing gloves ). Just seems to me that with Hassan Salah leaving all these fingers prints in all the right places" The Lab Boys " should have had this case wrapped up before the first commercial break.
What do "The Pannel of Experts have to say "?
-hbe

Re: A Case of Immunity " Let the Lab Boys handle it "

"How most astute Alafa" ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Re: Re: A Case of Immunity " Let the Lab Boys handle it "

remember that gassan had diplomat immunity and he couldn't be touched by American justice. Maybe the lab boys told this to columbo but Clumbo needed more evidence for an arrest so he used the king's influence to nab him. At the end he setteled for American justice instead of his own country's justice. This was a very delicate case and good of been easily dismissed if Columbo jumped the gun.

That is how I understand this episode

Re: Re: Re: A Case of Immunity " Let the Lab Boys handle it "

It's been a while since I've seen this episode (though it ranks among my favorites), but I'm thinking the murderer believed his immunity would save him from being held accountable--so he needn't fret over incriminating evidence.

Re: A Case of Immunity " Let the Lab Boys handle it "

Maybe since he had "bear hands", the lab boys couldn't identify the fingerprints.

hahahaha :D