The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Review of Peter Falk's book

Peter had said, in an interview not very long ago, that he had other ideas for the book's title (I don't remember if he said what the other possible title(s) might have been) -- then he added that he had a feeling the publisher would want him to call it "Just One More Thing".

Which is understandable, and believable.

Seems to me the title is a good fit with the book's format, as a series of collected anecdotes and thoughts, one after another without an overall narrative plot. But the marketing purpose is pretty clear, as with the cover-photo of Columbo. Who can blame them.

Re: Re: Review of Peter Falk's book

I'm not surprised at the book's title either.

Obviously the title has a twofold interpretation. One: it was a catch-phrase from his defining role; Two; it really is descriptive of the essence of the book.

I bought a book several years ago by Clayton Moore. It had a lot of things in the book other than The Lone Ranger. Of course it was truly interesting and informative, but he didn't go into feelings and real behind the scenes riveting data. Of course I wasn't on a Lone Ranger website either where I got a lot of info. His info was therefore new to me.

His book was aptly entitled: "I Was That Masked Man". (For those of you who never saw the show...every episode ended with someone asking: "Who was that masked man?"...and someone replying "Why that's the Lone Ranger".

Re: Re: Re: Review of Peter Falk's book

That was quite a detailed review, and I thank you very much.