The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: EPISODES YOU WATCH DEPENDING ON YOUR DAY/MOOD

In thinking about your comments I would have to agree that my viewing habbits coincide with yours. However I have never really made the connection until now.

Re: Re: EPISODES YOU WATCH DEPENDING ON YOUR DAY/MOOD

I always find that when I've had a tough day at the educational front and bureaucracy has got me down then I turn to Fielding, Mr Brimmer, Dr Kepple or the Great Santini.

If I'm in the mood for a real relax then has to be A Friend in Deed or An Exercise in Fatality.

Re: EPISODES YOU WATCH DEPENDING ON YOUR DAY/MOOD

wow, i almost posted this exact same question once!

i definitely have different columbo habits depending on mood. and i'm not even sure others would agree with my reasons/assessments of the episodes. for some reason i find "by dawn's early light" to be a darker episode. even though i like it and especially patrick mcgoohan's performance, i am less likely to watch it on a day when i am feeling depressed.

on difficult days i am more likely to gravitate toward episodes with lighter/funnier or gentler characters, like Dr. Heidemann in "Stitch in Crime" or Goldie in "Blueprint for Murder." I am always cheered by the episodes where Columbo has gentle interactions with people...as with Suzanne Pleschette in "Dead Weight," describing her sculpted llama to him.

When I am in a mood to really focus on the episode and want to appreciate Columbo in his richest form, I will go for one of the trios with Robert Culp or Jack Cassidy....nothing better.

i can't watch "dagger of the mind" when i am upset. for some reason that hanging body just gets to me.

i love "ransom for a dead man," but have to be in the right mood for it...it is so long, and leslie williams is so evil. on stressful days i am much more likely to go for the jazzy, lighter tone of "prescription: murder." it just feels warmer and brighter (like paintings of soup cans!).