The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: He's Back On Bravo!!!!

terrific kitkat!! i know that there are others on here who feel the same way.
and a member on here(i believe it was mrs. peck) mentioned that it is kind of cool to have the show airing on tv because then the forums pick up a bit and we will discuss the episode which had aired that particular day.

On UK Gold on Sunday, earlier this week, they showed four Columbo episodes back to back.

He's also on Hallmark at *11am and repeated at *5pm every Saturday and Sunday. UK Gold normally show him at least once at the weekends also.

*All times are British Summer Time.

i live in the states..so i obviously don't have access to the uk stations..and i don't have hallmark either....so it's kind of nice to have bravo airing the episodes again. yay!

Re: Re: He's Back On Bravo!!!!

i have been taping/burning the episodes to dvd, i have all but 4 episodes now, (i do have one of the pilots on dvd that i bought). i have my own disk case full of columbo now..so i can watch them on my pc, while i am surfing

Re: Re: Re: He's Back On Bravo!!!!

I think the reason we all get a kick out of seeing episodes on TV is that it means we're not mad to be fans of a 30 year old TV programme - why else would they still be showing it?

As someone posted earlier, the amount of Columbo on UK tv is unbelievable - hopefully it is recruiting some new fans.

jilted said....
"I think the reason we all get a kick out of seeing episodes on TV is that it means we're not mad to be fans of a 30 year old TV programme - why else would they still be showing it?"

i think i love that reason best of all!

There's just something about watching "Columbo" on broadcast TV that makes it just a bit more "special". Perhaps it's that you know that there are many, many, many other people out there in TV land that are watching the same episode of "Columbo" as you are and at the exact same time. It also gives you a chance to get up during the commercials and grab a sandwich or visit a certain little room in the house. Now if only Peter and Universal (and ABC?) would get their collective acts together and get on with some new episodes!!

yet some more excellent reasons! this time from headache the magnificent!
it is a good feeling to know that there are other people out there watching the same columbo at the same time as me...especially when i think that some of them could be the wonderful people from this forum.

Is Bravo showing any of the TV movies or just the original 70s run? I've been dieing (hah!) to get my hands on a copy of "Columbo Cries Wolf" for a long time.

erin, i'm assuming they are only going to air the original 45...that is what they have done in the past.

Re: Re: He's Back On Bravo!!!!

Rats.

yay! yay!! yay!!!! this means i might finally get a copy of "lovely but lethal"!!! it is the only one of the original eps. i am missing now.

well, still want to get tapes of other episodes that i have, but with poor tape quality or glitches in the recording.

(can you believe i accidentally hit "play" during the final scene of "etude in black"?????? columbo is just pointing out that alex is wearing the carnation on the replay coming out of jennifer's house, and my episode cuts to leslie or leigh keno on "antiques roadshow" describing the legs on some old bureau. agggghhhhh!)

laura said...
"(can you believe i accidentally hit "play" during the final scene of "etude in black"?????? columbo is just pointing out that alex is wearing the carnation on the replay coming out of jennifer's house, and my episode cuts to leslie or leigh keno on "antiques roadshow" describing the legs on some old bureau. agggghhhhh!)"

i'm sorry laura..but that just cracked me up because i have done the very same thing at times....believe me, i feel your pain!

Laura - lovely but lethal is one of my fav episodes - i just love it.

for some reason bravo switched the time to 9am est.