The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Miss Donner ! ?? Look, I'm sorry to bother you again but

One more thing...people say I'm like Columbo...and that's very flattering...but I really don't see it.

Re: Are you a little bit columbo yourself? (Admit it)

Fan as I am of Columbo, I never see myself like him because of several key clashes.

1-I would never own a dog, ever.
2-If I eat chili, it must *always* be without beans
3-I can swim (though I guess there's some dispute as to whether he really can or can't and was just BSing the one time he said he can't?)

Get past those hurdles and maybe I could look for the similiarty in having a large amount of clutter in certain items that I still feel I always have a hankering for knowing where it is, and keeping an organized record of what I have to know even if the things around me are a bit cluttered.

Absolutely!

I get sea-sick, I eat Chilli, I love dogs, I own a raincoat, I own a Columbo LAPD badge, I hate guns, I love Ice-Cream, I don't like heights, I wear brown shoes (don't ask me how much I paid for them). Although I don't have a glass eye, I have a deformed left ear, I smoke cigars (as long as they're not lit), I have dark hair, I am 5ft. 9in. tall, I like old cars... oh, and one more thing, I'm very good at pestering people and getting on their nerves!

in some ways I'm like Columbo, but I'm not as patient as he is. But I love dogs, have always driven bombs, have an eye for detail, don't know much about technology, love chilli, come from a working class background, try to treat people with respect and courtesy, have a raincoat and never use umbrellas, am allergic to dust, enjoy the simple things in life and most of all..love my wife.

ok...i haven't replied to this thread yet, and as most of you know that is a rare thing for me! so here goes...

my desk is a mess..it is filled with so many little notes that still have some kind of meaning and importance to me.
i write things down with a pencil all the time...pens don't really do it for me.
i check all the pockets of my carpenter jeans when i am looking for something, patting them down and such, just as columbo does.
i worry about little things that bother me...(i don't sweat the big stuff)..but the little things bug the hell out of me.
i talk about my husband all the time, in the same way that columbo talks about his wife..so very lovingly. and i talk about other family members too in the same way that he does..brothers-in-law, and nieces and nephews.
i tend to be a bit of a nag when it comes to the finer points in life..and i guess that is columboesque.
i have a beagle which is sort of a cousin to Dog!
and who is just as slow and silly as Dog is.

Re: Re: Are you a little bit columbo yourself? (Admit it)

I have had two and still have one Basset hound(s).

I have driven many an old heap out of economic need rather than eccentricity. Columbo moment: In a drive through line I am told over the loudspeaker "Sir, you have to turn off your car. We can't hear your order over the engine".

My fashion look is "unmade bed".

5"4".

Can lose any object.

I like to think justice will be served.

I don't cook thought, due to many requests, nay orders, from the CDC.

Can stand tobacco, hate cigars.

Can not hold wine, let alone liquor well.

I like chili. It does not like me.

Joe

joe, i loved what you said about your car in the drive-through line!!