The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Troubled Waters

Mrs. Danzinger certainly poses as a woman with a grudge, don't cha think? I could picture her doing in her husband. Could have made for an interesting sub plot. Of course that would mean that she would have to find out about the affair first. Just a thought.

Re: Troubled Waters

Your raise an interesting point. Don't forget that
Danziger mentions to Roseanne Welles that his wife
has been receiving "mysterious" phone calls, presumably from the victim. Is this supposed to tell us that she was on to Hayden? Also she tells Columbo that she doesn't mind him running off to Las Vegas all the time. Yet she tells Columbo "heaven help Hayden if he ever disappoints me", so apparently, up to that point, he hadn't got into that position.
In the past, the point was also raised here that she doesn't seem to visit Hayden in the sick bay. It was pointed out from this already that their relationship seemed to be problematic.

Funny you should bring that up over that particular actress.

If you can, get a Copy of "Out of the past" (1947) starring Robert Mitchum and Kirk Douglas, and you'll see for yourself how convincing the lovely and ruthless Jane Greer can be at playing the role of a natural born killer.

Of course, there's no need for me to paint a picture with such an excellent cast, so you can rest assured it's as crude and rude as noir gets in film.

I mean, I fell for her myself, and I was the one watching the movie!

Columbo certainly almost met his match in Mrs Danzinger,the battle of wits never far away.good episode.

Re: Re: Troubled Waters

This isn't about Jane Greer's character, but Troubled Waters had possibly the best closing line of any Columbo. It's an everyday exression, but the "context" it was used in, and Peter Falk's way of saying it, both made it hilarious.