The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
help

How do you folks repeat what someone said? When I reply to a post, I'd like to quote what they're saying, and I tried highlighting the paragraph, and it doesn't work.
Also, several times I've typed a small g surrounded by the arrow brackets (for "grin"), and it doesn't type in. It's just blank. So I tried clicking on the Happy Face icon, and it doesn't type, either.
Could someone clue me in here? Thanks! Carol

Re: help

carol said...
"How do you folks repeat what someone said? When I reply to a post, I'd like to quote what they're saying, and I tried highlighting the paragraph, and it doesn't work.
Also, several times I've typed a small g surrounded by the arrow brackets (for "grin"), and it doesn't type in. It's just blank. So I tried clicking on the Happy Face icon, and it doesn't type, either.
Could someone clue me in here? Thanks! Carol"

hi carol.
i just copy and paste what i want to quote. mrs. peck, a member here, uses a different method, i don't know how he does it because i've never asked him.

as far as the icons go, just click on them and you'll see a bracketed symbol and then when your message is posted the smilie guy will appear.
and don't forget to use the 'more smilies'..it is written in red next to the regular smilies..click that and there is a virtual cornucopia of smilies to choose from. (another member, headache, told me about that. )

Re: Re: help

Its really quite easy. When you click on the reply button, and go to the reply "window" where you type in your message, you will see 3 boxes at the bottom.

Disable Smilies

Notify me by email when somebody replies to this message

Quote Original Message

Check off the one that says, "Quote Original Message". I always click off the one that says "Notify me by email when somebody replies to this message", as it allows me to know when someone responds to my message or the topic I am interested in.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

carol said...
"How do you folks repeat what someone said? When I reply to a post, I'd like to quote what they're saying, and I tried highlighting the paragraph, and it doesn't work.
Could someone clue me in here? Thanks! Carol"

hi carol.
i just copy and paste what i want to quote. mrs. peck, a member here, uses a different method, i don't know how he does it because i've never asked him.

as far as the icons go, just click on them and you'll see a bracketed symbol and then when your message is posted the smilie guy will appear.
and don't forget to use the 'more smilies'..it is written in red next to the regular smilies..click that and there is a virtual cornucopia of smilies to choose from. (another member, headache, told me about that. )

(another member, headache, told me about that.)

And BOYYYYYYY, am I SORRY about THAT!!!

---> All others on Ult. Col. <--- Me (for telling Cassa about the "More Smiles"!

I like the smilies. You can tell if they're or

headache said...
"(another member, headache, told me about that.)

And BOYYYYYYY, am I SORRY about THAT!!!

---> All others on Ult. Col. <--- Me (for telling Cassa about the "More Smiles"! "

headache are you implying that i use too many smilies?
where did you ever come up with that idea? ? ?

Now I know why he calls himself 'headache'.