The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Columbo Box Set

You all make excellent points, but you didn't actually think this digital racket wanted us to buy these things just once did you? If that weren't true, the discs would be encased ...like VHS tape.

I agree -- I find the incontinuity of USA-released packaging just as irritating as the representative artwork selected for each season. Whoever it was, certainly wasn't a fan of Columbo.

I've long since placed the 5 discs in their own acrylic snap cases, and the prints are superb, but the first season packaging was the epitome of marketing waste. I couldn't get rid of that cumbersome pain in the fast enough.

I really DO appreciate the DVD qualities, and my Columbo library is blessed with great transfers, but no matter how careful you are in handling its tenuous media, this so-called "digital age" is nothing more to me than replacements waiting to happen.

I think the Japanese set will always be the best. I love it when there's an excuse for me to post a pic of mine

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

^
oh welshie!!!!! you're at it again!!!!!!!