The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Findlay Crawford -- Can't Admit Wrong

Findlay Crawford was a total creep. I watched this one again last night and man did it leave a sour taste in my stomach. The young composer was an up and coming artist. Crawford was clearly on his way down the tubes. Instead of utilizing his skills and "teaming up," Crawford decides the only way to remain on top was to kill his understudy. Too bad it back fired. After his demise, Crawford gets baled out by the producer for writing a less than mediocre score of music. Crawford, in effect, shot himself in the foot by killing the guy and in such a stupid way that he gets caught, hands down. Nice move, dummy.

Re: Findlay Crawford -- Can't Admit Wrong

You must have a long tongue, but I've never seen the episode.

Re: Findlay Crawford -- Can't Admit Wrong

Steve W.
Findlay Crawford was a total creep. I watched this one again last night and man did it leave a sour taste in my stomach. The young composer was an up and coming artist. Crawford was clearly on his way down the tubes. Instead of utilizing his skills and "teaming up," Crawford decides the only way to remain on top was to kill his understudy. Too bad it back fired. After his demise, Crawford gets baled out by the producer for writing a less than mediocre score of music. Crawford, in effect, shot himself in the foot by killing the guy and in such a stupid way that he gets caught, hands down. Nice move, dummy.
Indeed, that's what I was thinking too: even if columbo hadn't investigated this murder and crowford hadn't been arrested, he would be exposed, they would understand it wasn't him who made those great musics in the last few years, and in fact it was happening already in the movie, as you said.