The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Columbo novels

I came across and read a Columbo novel (didn't know these existed): Columbo: The game show killer. I had low expectations but was pleasantly surprised. It was a fun read. The treatment was true to the Columbo character in the TV movies in most respects. Perhaps the only characteristic that seemed out of place was that in the novel, Columbo seems to accept drinks whenever he is interviewing someone, whereas in the movies he seems to me to decline -not all, but most of the time (of the episodes I have seen, the closest movie in which Columbo's attitude toward drinking on the job is closest to the novel is the episode about the Irish author/terrorist). Has anybody else tried the novels? If yes, what are opinions? BTW, whoever is responsible for this site, kudos and thanks!

Re: Columbo novels

I agree that they are a fun read and capture the Columbo essence. If you read them in order, there are references to previous books.

For fans that might not know them, they were written by William Harrington, published by Tom Doherty Associates in NY - the one book I own was published in 1997 - Columbo: the glitter murder.

Re: Re: Columbo novels

While I enjoyed Harrington's novels, aside from the sex and language, I think the 70's "Columbo" novels are better. The first two books are original stories, and the other four are novelizations of episodes. Also recommended is "Columbo and the Samurai (sp)Sword."

Drug Addiction Georgia

Consistent communication, responsiveness, and a clear understanding of requirements made for a smooth workflow. Drug Addiction Georgia

Their team explained all the details and were transparent on costs. best UX design

The team had strong project management skills, and the web design firm product they developed served multiple purposes