Illinois News Broadcasters Association Web Forum

Welcome.

Illinois News Broadcasters Association Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Gay Martin

Congratulations Gay, as someone who's been getting up at 2am for most of his career, I can say I KNOW you won't miss that part of the job.

I can only underscore what others have said...Gay is one of the truly dedicated news professionals in the state of Illinois. She's also been a rock solid supporter of INBA throughout her career.

And, maybe most importantly, I'm proud to call her my friend.

Ken Kosek
INBA Past President

Re: Re: Re: Gay Martin

A person of your ethical standards will hopefully keep Carle on the up and up. But I'm a little confused about the timing of your announcement, Gay. Did you think you didn't have the right to leave the industry until the "gay rights" bill was passed?!!

Of course, I would hope we'd see you at INBA conventions.
H

Re: Gay Martin

Best wishes to Gay. Our profession could sure use a few more like her.

Joey

Re: Gay Martin

Gay, I always enjoyed waking up to both you and Gayle as I was growing up. Central Illinois has lost two fantastic journalists over the past two years. Us "youngins" could learn a lot from the seasoned journalists in this group.

Congrats on your new position. Carle is very lucky to have a woman like you.

Kim Boomer
WNDU-TV Producer (South Bend, IN)
(formally at WAND-TV, and WSIU-TV)

Re: Re: Gay Martin

Thanks so much for all the kind words! I'm choked up and speechless and you all know how rarely that happens! But it's been working with people like all of you that has made the long, strange hours and working holidays and other issues so much easier to bear. I will continue to be active in INBA and especially with the Foundation because INBA is an organization I firmly believe in and I can personally attest to the benefits of being a member. Thanks so much for everything!