Return to Website

Illinois News Broadcasters Association Web Forum

Welcome.

Illinois News Broadcasters Association Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Governor declares Saturday, 1/22, "Illinois News Broadcasters Association Day" in Illinois

Governor Blagojevich has issued the following proclamation:

WHEREAS, the Illinois News Broadcasters Association (INBA) is made up of broadcast journalists, educators and students from all accross the state of Illinois; and

WHEREAS, since its inception a half-century ago, the INBA has provided a forum for students to learn from and network with professional journalists; and

WHEREAS, in addition to their educational and networking efforts, the INBA also works in conjunction with the INBA Foundation to offer scholarships to deserving broadcast journalism students; and

WHEREAS, the INBA, and its members, continue to display strong commitment to fair and accurate journalism through the association's Code of Ethics. They also serve as a vocal and active proponent of First Amendment press freedoms; and

WHEREAS, the Board of Directors of the INBA will mark its 50th anniversary on January 22, 2005, with a meeting at the Leland Building (Leland Hotel) in Springfield, where the Association's very first meeting was held on the same date in 1935;

THEREFORE, I, Rod Blagojevich, Governor of the State of Illinois, do hereby proclaim January 22, 2005 as ILLINOIS NEWS BROADCASTERS ASSOCIATION DAY in Illinois, and encourage all citizens to join in celebrating the INBA's terrific contributions to the broadcasting profession in this state over the past 50 years.

IN WITNESS THEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Great Seal of the State of Illinois to be affixed.
Done at the Capitol, in the city of Springfield, this third day of January, in the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand and Five, and of the State of Illinois the one hundred and eighty-seventh.

Rod Blagojevich
Governor

Jesse White
Secretary of State

Re: Governor declares Saturday, 1/22, "Illinois News Broadcasters Association Day" in Illinois

thx Steve, I wrote it up as a separate for our wire today.

Sez

Re: Governor declares Saturday, 1/22, "Illinois News Broadcasters Association Day" in Illinois

I'm celebrating by taking the day off!

Seriously, this is a great thing for our organization. Hopefully the Governor will remember that as we continue our efforts relating to things like the Open Meetings Act, our efforts to get cams and mics in the courts, etc.