Return to Website

DEVON Genealogy Forum

This Forum is provided for those researching their Ancestry, particularly those with Devon Ancestors. Please feel free to post your queries and research interests on this board and anything else genealogical. This is your Genealogy Board, so virtually anything goes! Messages posted to this board are automatically sent to me and ALL SPAM DELETED. Happy Hunting to you all! Your Host: Sue Davey

DEVON Genealogy Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Heard descendents of Nymet Tracey

Hello my name is Matthew Heard and I live in Brisbane, Australia.
I have been researching my ancestry which so far has taken me back to John Heard, born 1734 in Nymet Tracey, Devon.
Three Heard siblings - Samuel (with wife Louisa Parsons), Elizabeth (with husband John Heard) and Thomas left Clawton, Devon,in 1844 on board the Lord William Bentick, arriving in Melbourne, Australia. They quickly established themselves on farms in the Barrabool Hills behind Geelong.
I have plenty of information about the families after that but very little of the families back in Tracey Nymet where they appear to have been for many centuries.
I would love to piggy back the information collected by others to trace exactly who my ancestors were. Is there anyone who is willing and able to help me?
Cheers
Matthew

Re: Heard descendents of Nymet Tracey

Hi Mathew I see on Ancestry you have George and Frances Heard Photos and o wondered where you fit in with then as they are my Great Uncle and Aunt
Regards Roger email me direct please