Return to Website

DEVON Genealogy Forum

This Forum is provided for those researching their Ancestry, particularly those with Devon Ancestors. Please feel free to post your queries and research interests on this board and anything else genealogical. This is your Genealogy Board, so virtually anything goes! Messages posted to this board are automatically sent to me and ALL SPAM DELETED. Happy Hunting to you all! Your Host: Sue Davey

DEVON Genealogy Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Harriet Fowler

Does anybody have information on Harriet Fowler? She was born about 1816 in Barnstaple, District of Great Torrington, Devon, England. Died 1847 in District of Torrington, Devon County,England.

She married William Whitlock on 30 June 1840 in the District of Torrington, Devon County, England.

William Whitlock was born in 1809, Langtree Parish, District of Torrington, Devon, England. Died 21 Feb 1884, in Munson, Geauga County, Ohio USA

Who were her parents? Who were her siblings?

Re: Harriet Fowler

Hi Michael

On the basis that William Whitlock may have been left with a child/children to look after on his own, I wondered if either William's or Harriet's parents had stepped into the breach, so I searched the 1851 census for a young Whitlock living with a Fowler family. I found Thomas and Elizabeth Fowler living in Langtree. They are both aged 78. They have an Eleanor Fowler with them, aged 9, granddaughter. They also have an Elizabeth A Whitlock, lodger age 6.There was an Elizabeth Ann Fowler Whitlock birth registered Torrington last quarter 1845. If she is a granddaughter then it's weird they should call her a lodger after calling Eleanor a granddaughter. Maybe she was a great-niece? I feel they were related, anyhow.

REF HO107/1894/460/13.

Regards

Robert