Return to Website

DEVON Genealogy Forum

This Forum is provided for those researching their Ancestry, particularly those with Devon Ancestors. Please feel free to post your queries and research interests on this board and anything else genealogical. This is your Genealogy Board, so virtually anything goes! Messages posted to this board are automatically sent to me and ALL SPAM DELETED. Happy Hunting to you all! Your Host: Sue Davey

DEVON Genealogy Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Heards of Bow (Nymet Tracey)

I am researching my family who come from Bow. John Heard born 1827 is my g.g.g.grandfather and his father was also John, married to Mary Perkins in 1825. I do not know when he was born. My Uncle went to Bow and the Exeter Registry some years ago and was told we were related to Richard of Langford Mill. As some of the information he gave me proved unreliable, I do not want to jump to conclusions as there are two other possibilities.
John and Mary had four other children, Elizabeth 1829, William 1831- 1831, Samuel 1832, William 1834.
Can anyone confirm who their parents are?

Re: Heards of Bow (Nymet Tracey)

I replied to Barbara "off board", but just thought that I would mention here that my g.g.grandfather was William HEARD born in Bow and I think probably the son of John HEARD and Mary PERKINS that was baptised in 1834.

I have yet to check the marriage details of William HEARD to prove his father, but I know that William and his wife Susan had at least 3 children baptised in Bow:

6 Sep 1857 - Mary Ann m. John COCKRAM
10 Jul 1859 - Eleanor m. William MADGE
16 Jun 1861 - Jane m. Benjamin POWESLAND

I too would love to hear from anyone with connections to the Bow HEARD's.

I am looking for the parents of a William Heard born c1750's who married Elizabeth Coombe in Rewe By Exeter 1771.
Dates are Baptism Dates

1 Mar 1772 William
31 May 1774 John
14 Jan 1776 James
26 Oct 1777 Robert
26 Aug 1781 Elizabeth
17 Aug 1783 John
2 Apr 1786 Joseph
10 Feb 1788 Francis
23 Jan 1791 Mary

Could any of these be linked to your Heard's?
Zoe

Hi,my husband's g g grandfather was Samuel Heard, son of George Heard and Mary Jordan. According to the IGI Samuel was bapt. in Bow (Independent)in 1826. He also had a sister Fanny bapt. in 1825.

As George and Mary married 25 Mar 1811, there were presumably more children. I know nothing of George's parents though. Does anyone have any idea who they were, he was born about 1791? By the way Samuel moved to Totnes and died at the grand age of 90!