Return to Website

DEVON Genealogy Forum

This Forum is provided for those researching their Ancestry, particularly those with Devon Ancestors. Please feel free to post your queries and research interests on this board and anything else genealogical. This is your Genealogy Board, so virtually anything goes! Messages posted to this board are automatically sent to me and ALL SPAM DELETED. Happy Hunting to you all! Your Host: Sue Davey

DEVON Genealogy Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RE: Hoskins, Hooper, Esebly--Beerferris

I am searching for my gg grandmother, Jane Ann Hoskins' family.
Jane Ann Hoskins born Aug 1836 in Beerferris, Devon,her father was James Hoskins and her mother's maiden name was Hancock.
Jane Ann Hoskins married William Hooper born 1832 in Harrowbarrow, Calstock, Cornwall.
Jane and William came to the USA in 1854 and married
Aug 1854 in Middletown Conneticut , USA.
I beleive that a Mary Hoskins who married William Esebly in Beerferris is my Jane Ann's sister.
Three sisters came to Ticonderoga, Essex County , New York about 1871- to be with their Uncle William Hooper-Eliza Ann Esebly, Maragaret Esebly and Lucy Esebly. Eliza Ann married a Charles Thomas--I have Eliza Ann's death certificate which states that William Esebly and Mary Hoskins are her parents. Maragret married Abraham Bennett and Lucy might have married an Esebly(?)
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Hilma

Re: RE: Hoskins, Hooper, Esebly--Beerferris

According to the DFHS Tamerton Deanery CD:
Bere Ferrers baptisms:
2 Oct 1836 Jane Ann HOSKIN dau of James & Betsey HOSKIN,of Beer Alston; father a miner
12 May 1839 Mary Elizabeth HOSKIN dau of William & Mary HOSKIN of The Main; father an engineer

RE: Hoskins, Hooper, Esebly--Beerferris

Hi Hilma
I realise that you posted your enquiry 10 years ago but I see you are still active in genealogy in MyHeritage.
I am a descendant of John Hancock and Catherine Sincock (Great x4) Grandparents through BOTH my Great Grandfather Joseph Doidge (b, Bere Ferrers) and his wife Clara May (born St Germans, Cornwall). They were second cousins due to Joseph's grandmother Catherine Hancock who married Thomas Foot Doidge, and Clara's grandmother Ann (Nanny) Hancock who married James Herring. Furthermore Catherine and Ann's sister Elizabeth married James Hoskin and subsequently their daughter Grace Hoskin married Peter Doidge, the brother of Thomas Foot Doidge.
I can give you information on both the Hancock and Doidge families of Bere Ferrers if you are still interested.
Helen Doidge