Return to Website

DEVON Genealogy Forum

This Forum is provided for those researching their Ancestry, particularly those with Devon Ancestors. Please feel free to post your queries and research interests on this board and anything else genealogical. This is your Genealogy Board, so virtually anything goes! Messages posted to this board are automatically sent to me and ALL SPAM DELETED. Happy Hunting to you all! Your Host: Sue Davey

DEVON Genealogy Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Robins/Robbins/French/Folland

Trying to prove/disprove connection between my Robins/Robbins family and the French/Folland families.
John French m Sarah? (Sarah is said to be buried at St. Peter's C.of E. Barnstaple died 22/4/1839). They had a family of eight children, eldest daughter Unknown French married an unknown Robbins and had one son Charles Robbins who became a Lieutenant in the Royal Navy. Sailed to Australia on the HMS Buffalo and Master Mate and was later made Lt. and left Australia on the Integrity and went missing in 1805 on way to Chile (presumed lost at sea). Another French child...John was a Member of the Guards and died of wounds received in the battle of Waterloo.
Another Daughter Grace French married a John Folland in 4/11/1810. Their son Charles French Folland & wife Charlotte Vickery migrated to South Australia.
The Folland line in Australia is well documented.
It is the Robbins link I am interested in ...that is trying to get a lead on their Christian names and dates of birth/marriage/deaths etc. Mrs. Robbins was buried in Tawstock Church Yard circa.1814-1824 as Charles French Folland was a little boy when his aunt Mrs. Robbins died.
I would be most grateful for any leads. Cannot pick anything up on the IGI.

Re: Robins/Robbins/French/Folland

Hi Mary, I am a decendant of Charles French Folland and am wanting to know more about his family in England. I don't think I can help with the Robbins side of the family, I only know what you said. Charles wrote his life story, but didn't include names or dates unfortunatley for us who want to know those things!

Would like to hear from you

Maureen

Re: Robins/Robbins/French/Folland

I can give you some interesting information. Charles French Folland (1814-1911) had a daughter Selina Elizabeth Wright(1841-1920). She had a son Charles Joseph Harvey Wright (1865-1941).
Charles Wright named his third child "Charles Robbins Clark Wright" (born 1899)