Return to Website

DEVON Genealogy Forum

This Forum is provided for those researching their Ancestry, particularly those with Devon Ancestors. Please feel free to post your queries and research interests on this board and anything else genealogical. This is your Genealogy Board, so virtually anything goes! Messages posted to this board are automatically sent to me and ALL SPAM DELETED. Happy Hunting to you all! Your Host: Sue Davey

DEVON Genealogy Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tracing : Bickley , Collings , Couch , Stanning Families in Devon

Seeking to contact members of the above mentioned families to share imformation . Have traced back to about 1800 and need earlier info. If you can help PLEASE contact me asap.

Ozzie Borne ... family_jungle@yahoo.com.au

Re: Tracing : Bickley , Collings , Couch , Stanning Families in Devon

Try giving specific dates & locations - the surnames are fairly common in Devon.

Have traced back as far as :

For BICKLEY : Henry Bickley b:abt 1775 East Ogwell
For CAUNTER : Ann Caunter b:abt 1777 Staverton
For COLLINGS : Sally Collings b:abt 1796 Bickington
For COUCH : William Couch b:abt 1817 Bickington
For STANNING : Samuel Stanning b:abt 1795 Ashburton?

Would also like info about CAMPION Families. Have traced to BETSY CAMPION b: 1823 Ilsington, Devon.

Many thanks in advance
from Ozzie Borne

Hi
Betsy Stanning daughter of Richard Stanning and Mary Dart are on my direct line.
I did have some info about her grandfather who had changed his name when he immigrated.i think i have the names stored somewhere. They are probably packed in storage boxes. I thought i would be able to find them again on line but cant find them anywhere.
Ty Sandy Sutton-Mattocks Australia

I have a couple Stannings in my family tree from Cornwall. St. Neot to be specific. Edward, d 1740 and his daughter Jane (1736-1825). Edward married a Jane Crapp and Jane married a James Bond. And no the names are not some sort of joke. The Stanning name appears to be more common in Devon than Cornwall. My assumption has been that Edward or his family were from Devon. Any information on that would be appreciated.