Class of 1996
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Real World: Franklin High c/o 1996

So you finished high school....and then reality set in!

Share some of your real world experiences here!

If I could do it all over again, I would NEVER have applied for that CitiBank Master card during my first semester of college!

Re: Real World: Franklin High c/o 1996

Hi everyone, I guess a lot has changed since those years at Franklin High and we entered the “real world”…. As for me, I’m still in Franklin, actually bought a house here so I’m not going anywhere anytime soon. I went to RVCC and received an Assoc. Degree and am back there again for a Paralegal Certificate. I also graduated from the Somerset County Fire Academy and am a certified Firefighter here in NJ.

I work for the Police here in town and actually met my husband there. We got married in ’04, I have 2 wonderful stepchildren and a beautiful daughter, Abigail who will be 6 months old on the 25th.

Oh yeah and I have two furbabies… Beau, my 3 year old Chocolate Lab and Belle my 2 year old Black Lab.

(And for those of you who hung out at my moms… Yes Gizmo is still around !!!!!)

Hope everyone is doing well!

I graduated from Hofstra University in May of 2000. I have been working in Human Resources since then. I have been living in FL since April 2004 I am currently working as a HR Generalist. I recently bought a house in Boynton Beach and now I am just waiting for construction to start.

Hey everyone. I am still in Franklin hopefully not for too much longer. I have a 5 year old son who goes to Conerly. I work for the Cardiac Cath Lab in Robert Wood Johnson for the last year and i did 3 years in the ER there. Single right now just waiting for the right person. Havent heard from all of you in a while if you want contact me. Hope all is well.

What I have learned since graduating good ole' FHS is that being grown is over rated!!!

Hmmm... I've learned that life is way too short to not follow your dreams.

I agree, being grown is overrated!!!!!! I'm ready to go back to high school...

Thank you for setting up this website, it brings back a lot! I'm pretty far from Franklin...I graduated from James Madison U. in 2000, from Penn State Law in 2003, and I'm currently an employment litigation attorney in the Cleveland, Ohio/Erie, Pennsylvania area. No kids yet, but been with a great guy for years and we have two dogs, just bought a house on the lake. It's great to hear that all of you are doing so well!

hi everyone.graduated with associates degree from union county college working as physical therapist assistant in subacute rehabilitation center. Married in 2004 and my husband and I bought a house in Milltown/east brunswick area last year. We are expecting our son (first child) in September:)

Ouch...only handful of the people that still lives in Franklin huh? Good to see you guys all doing well. As for me....joined the Marines (reserve) after high school. Came back and got my degrees in Computer Science and Economics. Worked for Lucent for couple of years but I couldn't take the corporate world anymore so I took the package they were offering (full year salary for valunteer quitting) and opened up my own car business. Was in Jersey but I had to move the business to PA because of the cost of living or having a business is way too much there. Still single but with a great girlfriend for 7 years. No kids but I do have a little 4 y/o pug if that count as a kid :) Still live in Franklin too :)

I know most of you probably miss the Franklin years. For me, I couldn't wait to move on. I graduated from Pace U with a BBA in Business Mgt. My first real job was working as a Desktop Support Tech for JP Morgan in midtown. 9/11 happened and the company decided to move the dept out to LI. I didn't want to move with them so I found another job working at another financial firm. Since then, I moved up a couple of positions and I am currently a Business Analyst. Great gig and loving the benefits.

As for other developments. I recently got married to my wonderful wife. It was a beautiful wedding out in CT. Jeff can testify...he was one of my groomsmen. No kids yet; not for a couple more years. We currently live in Westchester NY.

Regarding the Reunion. I haven't decided yet on going. Maybe hearing from those of you who knew me may change my mind.

wow mister Q. just right before i was gonna send you the update on the reunion. You better go because that will be one of the few times we get to drunk w/o women nagging. hahahaha..

hope to sell you all there!

WOW!!!! Its been that long man. Hey all, glad to see everyone is doing fine after Franklin High. Currently living in Holland (getting a little homesick) playing a little soccer. Also a proud parent of two children, Ashley 7 and Tristian 1 . And yes being grown is overated.

High School????? I want to go back to kindergarten! LOL!!

I can't complain...college was fun, true reality hit me once I entered the corporate world. My job search lasted 13 months after graduation , because of 9/11, but I eventuallty got a really great job in Supply Chain/Logistics. The company I worked for was bought, and all jobs moved to GA, so I was forced to look for another job late last year. I'm doing well, and I enjoy what I do. But all in all, I feel I got more knowledge in the workplace and when things are hands-on, rather than classroom theory.

As far as other realities...rent...car payments...wedding to pay for...working on an MBA while working full-time...yeah, Kindergarten sounds about right!!