DDG-2 Former Crewmember Forum

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
one of the first to serve on charles f adams DDG2

Serve from 1960 to 1962 took her from Bath, Maine to Boston to be commissioned Yes I'am a plank owner. I was a MM2 Aft Engine Room. Like to here from my mates who served at the same time. Charles

Re: one of the first to serve on charles f adams DDG2

I served from 62 to 64 but am in close communications with another plank owner by the name of Paul O'Connor. They called him P.J. and he was an electrician. Hope this helps. .... IRO

i also served 62-64 and interested in connecting wityh some former shipmates.

I can't remember you (50+ years) but I am sure I did know you because I also server from 1960 to 1962 as a plank owner. As a EM-2 I did many a switchboard watch in both engine rooms.

Bill

I am looking for any information about QM? Francis(Sam) LoPiccolo. He was married to my mom when I was born In 1966. He was in the Cruisebook in 1962. They weren't married then but I can't find any information about him. I know he was on a swift boats in Vietnam too. I think from 68 to 71?If any one know anything about him please let me know. Thanks

I too was a plank owner and my name is one of the 13 names on the plaque on the mess deck. I was a BT1 in charge of the forward fire room and also the first oil and water king. I went on the builders trials in Bath Maine. I was extended because of the Cuban Crises.