DDG-2 Former Crewmember Forum

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
trying to get in contact with other crew members

im trying to find other crew members

Re: trying to get in contact with other crew members

Well, you've found one but I'm not sure if I count. ;-)
What I need is for a few people to really start using this board, just to get things rolling.

I'm Jim, the webmaster for this site, plus the ACVA and JHNSA websites. I left the Adams as an SK3 back December of 1972 - got out a couple months early because the Navy needed to thin it's ranks a bit. I live in Michigan and I'm now a retired autoworker.

Hey Bruce, It's Ben Schichler, get ahold of me, 315-879-1309...Bonz_41@yahoo.com. call a brother

Jim Bosworth,

I went on the Deuce just when you were leaving. I was the Leading Radioman. I have been trying to find some of the Radiomen that served on her 1972-1974 especially Kenneth Lee RM2 who spent his whole career on the Deuce after radioman school. A good RM who beat all Countries in morse code competition. We were on the infamous Mid-East cruise during the October War on 1973, for which I found out for sure on your website, that we were awarded the Meritorious Unit Commendation. I always suspected there was an award but no one on the ship ever told me and I was on her for almost a year after the cruise. Thanks for posting the history and awards on your website.

I went onboard the ADAMS when it came home from the 73 med cruise.I was an HTFN.Iv seen the Adams sitting in Philly a few times . Sure would be nice to be able to visit it in Jacksonville again.

Hi Joe,

Well, you found me, and thanks for the kind words. You have one hell of a memory, I'll say that. I can't remember what I had for breakfast today!

I'm 61 years young, and still living in the New York City area (on the Jersey shore). Still working in telecom too....the Navy did give me a career in my post-military days. I'm a sales exec with a telecommunications carrier based in France.

I remember you, your lovely Mrs., and some of the good times we had even on that middle east cruise.

I went to an Adams/Tattnall reunion up in Cape Cod in 2000, and got to renew acquaintances with Al Schichler (fellow ham radio operator), and the one and only Smiley/Drifty O'Neill.....and their ladies. I'd sure like to do that again.

Would love to hear from any of the old gang from 72-75. Those were special guys, in a special time. Of course, none of us knew it, but it was probably the best four years of our lives.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all.

KL

Adams was my first Navy assignment way back in 1964. Not sure who may be still around from that era. But curious since USS Davidson(DE-1045) reunion in JAX this year is talking about visiting Adams. Anyone around from my time? Where is the ship now?

This is a good place to get in touch with other former crew members. An even better place is via the "Former Crew Members page" on this same website:

http://www.ddg-2.org/crewmen.html

Jim Bosworth