ALECSTAR MESSAGE BOARD

Welcome! Tell us of your memories of the band and what your favorite Alecstar song is, or just drop us a line! 

ALECSTAR MESSAGE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Other clubs in in 70's & 80's

We have been trying to figure out where else we have seen you ( other than Capricorn II in Fishkill w/ "Rockestra"~ "Vision" and "New York Flyers",NY and the Yacht Club in Kingston,NY.... I know there have been other places in the mid Hudson Valley. Do any of these sound right: The Last Chance, Squires, Frivolous Sals,Good Times w/ "Northern Star" [later named: Brandies](Poughkeepsie) Easy Street(Hyde Park)The Fantasy (Pleasent Valley)Fore n Aft (Brewster).....a few more even I can not remember- I thought there was one in Millbrook.... (going back 20 plus years).The one thing I do remember is the unicorns that were on the amps (either side of stage- this was at "Capricorn II" because Sal the D.J would always make some remark about before the night was out) Ok ~ enough of my walk down memory lane ....if anyone can think of any other clubs I would be greatful.
As the saying goes ~ Thanks for the memories~
Take care~ Wish I could be there for 9/18...
Next time around For now the CD will do.
camiller90@hotmail.com

Re: Other clubs in in 70's & 80's

Wow! I don't recognize any of the club names. Either they were "out of our jurisdiction" or before my time. Here are some that I remember: (some may have been from Flyer shows, but both bands seemed to play most of the same places.)

"JJ's" in Rome
"The Rustic Inn" in Herkimer
"The Casabogie" in Rome
"The Penny Arcade" in Rochester
The "West Leyden Hotel" in West Leyden
"Hot Rocks" in Utica
"The Hullabaloo" in Rensselaer
"Charlie's" in Auburn
"The Tom Jones Club" in Lyons
"Tiffany's" in Rochester
"The Fireside Chat" in Bath
"Sky Harbor" in Lake George
"The Theatre" in Schuylerville
All the Syracuse places
and of course, my very, very favorite place....

"MCMATT'S in Johnstown!!
(Unfortunately it burned down years ago.)

Re: Re: Other clubs in in 70's & 80's

Here are a few more places I can remember seeing the band.Lakeshore and The Forest Hotel in Sylvan Beach, The Cedar Lodge in Camden,Bruni's and The Limberlost in Kirkland,Radio City in Scotia,Marvins in Oriskany, Rubar in Canastota,Lionels Lodge in Redfield,Mary's Place in Williamstown,Snow Ridge, SNAFU,and don't forget Memorial Day's at The O'le Barn in Old Forge

Re: Re: Re: Other clubs in in 70's & 80's

I just wanted to correct myself ,it was Livingstons Ale House in Kirkland and if I remember right that is where the picture for the flex cd was taken

Re: Re: Re: Re: Other clubs in in 70's & 80's

Actually the photo shoot for the picture disc, which had the songs "Wheel of Fortune" and "Gonna Get Thru To You" on it, was taken at The Rubar in Canastota.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Other clubs in in 70's & 80's

OMG, I can't believe I left out the "Ole Barn" in Inlet! We used to be there almost every holiday weekend because it was usually either Alec or Flyer who was booked there. Rubar in Canastota was a great venue, but lets just say that some memories associated with that particular club are those I would rather forget.
(Nothing to do with the bands that played there.) Yes, I remember "Bruni's", and of course I loved going to "JoJo's" at Sylvan Beach. I think its called Pfohl's now.

Re: Other clubs in in 70's & 80's

Allen's in Scotia-Glenville (where Alecstar opened for Loverboy), Hullabaloo in Rensselaer, Rock'n Rye in Lake George, Hmmmm, let's see also remember MacMatt's in Johnstown, Skyway, Indian Kettles, Palmer House, Schuylerville Theatre, Poor House North, Lost Horizon, and the Connection a blast was had by all!!!!!!!!