Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Welcome To Our New Forum

This is where we'll be posting for the 2009 season.

Re: Welcome To Our New Forum

Made it. Hope everyone is doing well. Life is crazy in the Moreland household these days with three little ones running around.

Re: Re: Welcome To Our New Forum

Nice hearing from you Dick. Christmas time with a young family, Priceless!

THE BACK DOOR IS OPEN............ !!!!!!!
THANKS.

Welcome To Our New Forum

It was a true test Bob. But we prevailed!

Good job Jimi,I can't imagine how much work went into this.Hey Dick,it seems like yesterday when the 1st little one came along.I think I missed one somewhere along the way.Christmas is always exciting with kids present.

Jimi,good idea transforming last yrs draft.Several guys were trying to find it.

Checking in - unbelievable week at work for me, record number of hours. I even stayed in a hotel across the street from work due to weather. I'm so glad to be home. Just think, it's almost Winter!

Hope everyone is doing well. I actually like the snow, it just makes my job harder, especially before Christmas..

Kelly

Hi Kapt Kelly..... I should know but what is your line of work? I remember the winter days as a milkman. In home delivery in Ohio you had the milk freezing in the glass bottles and breaking. Trucks sliding into ditchs and towing bills. Never was my favorite time of year and expenses were always higher in the winter. A very Merry Christmas to you and that goes for the whole gang !!!

I didn't think you got snow out on the West coast.We got 8" yesterday in NJ.Reminds me of my trip to Vegas in 1979.It hadn't snowed there in about 35 years so they had no idea how to handle it.We were outside Caesar's Palace watching the cars play demolition derby.They were still driving 30 MPH & when they came to the light would hit the break & sail right thru the intersection.We were betting whether they would hit someone or not.It wasn't funny but you still couldn't help but laugh.Fortunately no one was seriously hurt.

Snow in Vegas

Speaking of snow in Vegas. They got it again on Monday. Even parts of SoCal got some, closing I-5 down over the grapevine.
The closest it got to us was 25 miles away in the Sierra foothills. It was the first big snow storm this winter.

Re: Kelly

Hey Bob, long story short, I run an ATM unit for Bank of America. Simply put, if you make a deposit in an ATM in the state of WA or ID, I will get it that day in Seattle. Or make other arrangements to get you your money which is where things get tricky. Seattle just isn't built for snow and the deposits don't stop so that combo makes it tough to get employees into work and get the work itself. It's been a nightmare of a week but don't get me wrong, I love my job and the work but it's been crazy for sure.

Interestingly enough, most of the Bank doesn't have paper deposits anymore, they are all image-based. We will be going that way soon, probably within the next year so I'll be moving on. Gone are the days of working for the same company for your career - that's for sure.

So ya, after days like Thursday where I walked to work and was one of only 3 (out of 25) that made it, I'm beat down :) But all you crazies in the Spokane area that made a deposit trudging through 27 inches of snow - you got your money! (All 3000+)

Lastly, I'll leave you with this picture which is about 3 blocks from the downtown building I work in:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gWS764MlrjHSrgpevNZzvW7RqTXwD9568OOO0

Re: Re: Re: Welcome To Our New Forum

The snow is usually on the Eastern part of Washington but there is plenty. And Oregon gets hit pretty hard too. We have Republicans on the west coast as well

Checking in new forum; seems very nice; been working for last 9 days in a row and 4 more to go, then back to regular 4 days a week. Have a nice holiday to all. Winter starts officially tomorrow, can spring be far behind ?

Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry almost Xmas. I found the site. I was in San Fran last week. The weather sucked. If I wanted cold I could have stayed in DC.

Re: Re: Re: Welcome To Our New Forum

Barry, next time you get that close to Sacramento let me know. I might just come and visit you!
What kind of trip were you on? BTW, Frisco is probably one of the coldest towns (on avg.) in the state.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Welcome To Our New Forum

just checking in boys

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Welcome To Our New Forum

jimi, the opening web page for OGBL is fantastic. congratulations on a job well done. i've been having a horrible nightmare, repeatedly. it's about one month into the season and i realize i haven't checked my team at all. i didn't even know baseball season had started. then i get on the computer, but i can't find the Internet. and the nightmare is getting more realistic all the time. maybe the nightmare will stop when the baseball magazines start arriving. i go to the bookstore once a week, even though i know the magazines won't start coming until january or february.

Thanks for checking in Les. I always enjoy reading your post!
Tell Val hello, Merry Christmas to the TwinRox!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Welcome To Our New Forum

It was business, but it required "mandatory" business dinners so there wasn't any free time. I don't drink so I kept watching my per diem go down the drain as the group pushed up the bill with a lot of alcohol and then split the bill. Such is the life a hanging with your boss and his boss 18 hours a day. Could have been worse ... I might have been paying it all on my dime.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Welcome To Our New Forum

Barry... in cases like this just bid 3NT and let the chips fall where ever they may.