Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
First Pick

Since we are a keeper league and certainly the very top players will be keepers, I think this is a fair question. Who would be #1 this year? I would choose Pujols over A-Rod. In second would choose Hanley Ramirez or David Wright and it certainly would not be my man of last year Chase Utley. Funny side story...... many many years ago when Hanley was playing AA ball I saw him in Akron. On that night he looked awful, booted two easy balls at short and fanned two or three times. For all these years that one night has always made me feel he is OVERRATED. **not**

Re: First Pick

Right now the ADP at Couchmanagers has ARod as #1 with HRamirez a close second. But lately, it's HRamirez that has been going first, so much so that he is now #1 on the CM rankings.

Just click on the CouchManagers tab and you'll get more info on this.

Re: Re: First Pick

I would think ARod. Hanley had a hell of a year, but you can't "waste" your #1 pick. I so-so ARod year is still great. If Hanley drops off ... it is hard to say what a current so-so year would be.

Re: Re: Re: First Pick

I have to agree with Barry.I would bet all 12 mgrs in OGBL would take A-Rod with 1st pick if it was a new draft.