Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Texeirera

Well ... first BoSox and now Angels are saying they are out. I can't really believe he will really consider going to Nats or O's ... so are NYY going to buy another $160 million player?

Re: Texeirera

Tex makes sense for the Yankees,Manny doesn't.What are they thinking?

Re: Re: Texeirera

Tex to the Yanks. Why should Georgie Jr (Hank) take any chances after what happened last year??

Re: Teixeira

Well, looks like the Yankees have now signed him too.

Re: Re: Teixeira

I've been on the phone with Cashman since yesterday & he agreed with my thinking.Told me,"what the hell,it's George's money not mine."He will look absolutely great in pinstripes.#6

Re: #6

Wasn't that Torre's number. I thought there was talk of retiring it. I guess the Yankees get the last laugh after all!

Re: Teixeira

I say this, Girardi better WIN it all with this team!
He'll be gone by August if they're not in first place!!

Re: Re: Teixeira

Now Cashman needs to go out and sign Manny and Sheets. That will end Major League Baseball as we have known it all our lives. If the Yanks can tie those two up for the next five plus years then we can put the Yanks on National TV for their entie schedule and they can replace the Cowboys as America's team. This will help the rest of the country get through the depresion. As Presdident Oboma is sure to say " the Yanks will help the country take their minds off their troubles and while they are siting at home unemployed they can have a winner to root for". The cash from the National TV contract will more than offset the expense of these salaries and unless you invested with Manoff and his crowd all is wonderful in the "Big Apple".

Re: Re: Re: Teixeira

They should get Sheets or Pedro. They need someone to handle the half a year AJ is on DL.