Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
run, don't walk . . .

Run, don't walk, to the nearest bookstore. The first baseball magazines of 2009 are here (both are published by the Sporting News). And then go to the Post Office and buy as many "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" stamps are you can afford.

Re: run, don't walk . . .

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be heading to the Post Office today.................

Thanks Les for the heads up; I'll be looking for the magazines in the NY Port Authority Bus Terminal on my way to work tomorrow; it'll make the couple of inches of snow we're suppose to get overnight a little more bearable.

Les ... are they "anytime stamps" or do they have an amount?

I already have Forecaster and I will be trying to read the small print until July. Sure wish they had a large print version. I emailed him a few year back and he said none was in the plans. Too bad.

Re: Re: run, don't walk . . .

the stamps are the regular 42 cent stamps, but they are a small work of art. the picture on them is an old-time baseball player.

Re: Re: run, don't walk . . .

oops, there's only one Sporting News baseball magazine on the newstands now. the other one comes out February 6. the current one takes a player by player approach, whereas the February one takes a look at each team.

Re: Stamps

I got me a couple sheets. One for use, one to put away.

Re: Re Sporting News Mag

Got my copy of Sporting News Fantasy Baseball Magazine on a lousy cold rainy winter day; it made the day a lot more bearable. I started the day by taking a hard fall on my icy driveway going to work in the morning; no big harm done, just a sore right knee for a few days probably.