Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Earl's keepers

Geez Earl ... you timed joining well. Your team actually has enough good players to have to work to find the right mix of keepers. Some of us have teams that anyone that can fog a mirror is a keeper!

Re: Earl's keepers vs Barry's keepers

Barry, your team looks about the same when you take the ADP from Couchmanagers and apply them to your top six players.

Here's Earl's top 6,
M Cabrera #7
C Crawford #32
B Phillips #40
D Haren #49
D Jeter #65
R Harden #66

Here's the Big Red One
J Rollins #17
A Gonzalez #29
V Guerrero #42
B Abreu #69
C Zambrano #75
R Cano #82

True, some of us might not use these numbers, but I thought I'd post them for the heck of it.

Re: Re: Earl's keepers vs Barry's keepers

Barry...

Here are my top three as rated by Couch Managers.

10 Utley
30 A. Ramirez
84 VMart

Re: Keepers

Don't be surprised if you see a player ranked lower than VMart be someone's keeper.

Re: Re: Keepers

Those numbers don't mean a thing because they are based on roto not points.They can be close or far apart.Our draft will be nothing like couchmgrs.& Jimi has even had a couple of custom drafts just like ours but most guys were not from our league.

Re: Re: Re: Keepers

Ted and/or Jimi... what do you see as the biggest difference in Roto and our league? I realize we downplay the home run which adds to the value of the double and triple. Alone the same lines the SB not being a seperate catagory is down played a bit by us, but most guys who steal (not Willy T.)also double and triple. So in short... what is the bias?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Keepers

Bob, in my opinion there isn't that much difference between H2H Points and Roto, especially in the first half of the draft. In the beginning everyone takes the best players they can get, later in the draft is where Roto drafters need to fill roster spots to strengthen their categories.
I will say the biggest difference I've noticed is in pitching where H2H Points makes Wins a priority and Roto cares more about ERA and WHIP. Also some Point leagues give minus points for strikeouts(batters) and walks and loses(pitchers).

I'll add this, since I've been helping out at Couchmanagers I've come to notice that on an 'average' H2H guys seem nicer and Roto guys think they know more about Baseball than H2H guys.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Keepers

I certainly agree with that last statement. Points guys are MUCH more friendly than Roto geeks.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Keepers Bob

The big differences are daily lineup changes,some have 6 categories each,some have 5.Hitting,BA,H,R,Hr,SB,Slg pct.Pitching,ERA,WHIP,W,Ks,Saves & Holds.In 12 team league if you lead a category you get 12 pts ,if last,1pt.Plus players can only play 162 games at a position & there is a limit to how many innings pitched.If you 2x pitchers all the time you may have no starters left with 3 weeks to go.It also requires a lot more time.