Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
22 days to go..

I was looking at some teams "number 4" picks yesterday and some of you are going to have some tough decisions. Dick will have a tough decision but I remember Les having perhaps the toughest, who do you keep with Howard, Kinsler, Longoria and I can't remember Sizemore? (I'm at work, CBS is blocked). I'm thinking with the number 4 pick you give up Howard because 2nd base is so thin and Longoria and Sizemore are studs. First base would still be strong. I would be interested in which ever one of these 4 fall by the wayside although with Pedroia, Kinsler might be less tempting to me but he probably wouldn't get by Barry. Sorry Les, tough decision! Heck, you might even keep a pitcher, it's going to be interesting for sure.

Re: 22 days to go..

Now I remember, it was Josh Hamilton, not Sizemore... Anyway...

Re: Re: 22 days to go..

You're right Kelly, it will be very interesting to see everyone's 3 keepers.

Re: Re: Re: 22 days to go..

Everybody but me. Unless someone out there thinks Carlos Pena is more important than VMARt.

Re: Re: Re: Re: 22 days to go..

I did a rough keeper list and most teams have no problem in my opinion cutting their 4th best player and beyond. However, 2 or three teams are going to have to cut some top talent. I expect my first draft pick will be a very nice addition to the team. I actually think my 2nd pick may be better than my last keeper, too.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 22 days to go..

I wish I knew who my 3rd pick is. I just got around to looking at my team and the scoring yesterday( I don't usually look at baseball until Feb.-after the Super Bowl). I didn't know we didn't use avg, era, whip. Will be different for me. I think I'm set on my first 2 keepers, just need to nail down the 3rd.

AND THINK UP A TEAM NAME!!!

Re: Hey Earl

I guess that I assumed that you knew it was a Points H2H league. I figured since you played at CDM that you knew the Points game and you would be a good fit here at the OGBL.
You'll do just fine here, our scoring system is close to CDM's, the biggest differences are the Wins and Saves for Pitchers and Home Runs for the hitters.
If you have any questions, you can come here, use e-mail or give me a call at 916-238-1273.

Re: Re: Hey Earl

It's all good. Just a learning curve. Reading this board every couple days is the only baseball I'm doing just yet. Should be fun.