Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
More On Mock Drafting at Couchmanagers

If you are new or want to refresh your memory, I recommend that you try a few Fast Live Mock Drafts before doing the custom ones.
The Fast drafts are just that, fast! They have a 90 second time limit for 18 rounds and are not usually over half filled with drafters. This is fine as the computer picks for the vacant slots, which in turn speeds up the draft. If you do a draft solo they can be done in 10 minutes or so.
Some practice here will get you familiarized with CM, our league draft site.
There will be a mandatory OGBL 25 round practice draft in February. The date hasn't been set yet, but it will be after the 14th. It will be a slow draft, exactly like our real draft. Team owners will be able to "draft" their 3 keepers the first three rounds, but after that you won't be expected to draft your "real" choices. Just draft to practice and learn what order you are in.

Re: More On Mock Drafting at Couchmanagers

I got dibbs on glaus

I was actually considering him before he got hurt - - AGAIN

Re: Re: More On Mock Drafting at Couchmanagers

The upcoming practice, slow draft sounds good. To me, I really like the draft aspect of fantasy baseball. I don't know about you guys, but I tend to get nervous and anxious as the draft time arrives. My wife just looks at me like I'm crazy. You know the usual comment-- "It's just a game" -- or something similar. Anyway, I plan on doing a couple of the "fast drafts", to get familiar with CM, but I find that with the mock drafts, sometimes I am just grabbing a player without putting much real thought into it. Still fun though

Re: Looking Forward to Draft!

Earl, I'm the same as you when a draft is coming up. My anxiety levels really get a good testing.