Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ADP

I was looking at the CBS average draft positions and they are significantly different than couchmangers. I don't see where CBS is having any mock drafts so I was wondering where the numbers where coming from. Any ideas?

Re: ADP

Barry, I tried doing a mock draft at CBS just to see what it was like and to compare it with CM. I did not succeed with my quest. After being placed into a half completed draft (round 9) that had all of us drafters confused, I decided that was enough for me. I'm not sure how/where they get the numbers for their ADP.

I can tell you about CM as I'm personally involved with them. The ADP numbers you see now are results of many, many weeks of drafting. Back in October, during the World Series I decided to try some mock drafts for the heck of it. The '09 rankings weren't up yet. I contacted C-Man (owner of CM) and he then brought in the '09 rankings (not the ADP).
So many players were way out of order, that's when C-Man put me in charge of all the rankings. At first I was just adjusting the obvious, then I started entering and following more and more drafts to get feedback.
It was the 3rd week of November that CM started using the ADP of drafts. For the picks to count, drafts have to have at least 4 real drafters and no computer picks count toward the ADP.
I can tell you, you won't find an ADP on the web any more accurate than CM's. Between another guy and myself, we went to other Baseball sites (in Nov. and Dec.) and really promoted CM, once some tried CM and liked it they told their friends and it's been growing ever since. Infact, C-Man might be forced into getting a new server if the site continues to keep growing.