Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mock draft

I did a fast draft on couchmanagers and it started as soon as I signed up. Me against 11 computer teams. It was always my turn to pick two guys since I was on the corner. Have any idea why it started immediately?

Re: Mock draft

I believe the "fast drafts" start every few minutes so if nobody signs up, that's that. But if even 1 person is signed up, the rest of the spots are computers and your on your drafting way. It's good practice for when you are on the turn for example but can be boring with just computers if they only draft what is next in the que. That takes away some of the excitement - It helps to get at least 1 or 2 more for these drafts IMO.

Re: Mock draft

Barry, as for fast drafts there are 8, 10, 12, and 14 team drafts. They have starting times 15 minutes apart with each having an hour between their starts.
You must of just timed that one perfectly, as you would normally have to wait until the designated starting time comes up. Depends on the time of day as to how many join these fast drafts. More and more are turning to the custom drafts.
I know that Ted and Ray have been drafting here lately, they both have 25 round drafts made up. Once you design a custom draft it stays in your "Home" and can be duplicated whenever you want to use it.
Also, when the computer is drafting it doesn't always take the next top player. I see it take other players all the time, players near the top, not just the top.

Re: Re: Mock draft

Jimi speaks the truth. they don't just pick the next guy on the list. I just finished one and those damn computers kept beating me to the punch alot.

Re: Re: Re: Mock draft

Is that new this year Jimi - the drafting randomly feature? Or is it drafting based on the position still needed for the computer team (ie it won't pick 6 first baseman even if that is what's next in the que). Either way it's been a while, I'll play with it sometime soon...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Mock draft

Kelly, I'm not sure if that is new this year. I never paid all that much attention to it last year.
The computer does do as you mentioned, filling the open slots first, although occasionally it might pick two at one position early in the draft. Sometimes I think the computer has a Baseball mind of it's own.