Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
At The Ballgame II

Today, Brian, Alex, and myself went to the AAA RiverCats game vs the Tacoma Raineers. We had seats just to the left of home plate, 3rd row (with no one in front of us). It was a great time, Alex even got a foul ball!
We took some pictures and I'll get them on the site soon.

Re: At The Ballgame II

That's what - 4 foul balls? I still haven't come close to a legitimate foul ball during a game, minors, major, or spring training. Sound like I need to take Alex to a game!

I was fortunate to get a foul ball off the bat of Jim Spencer in game 4 of the 1978 WS.The best part is I was watching Yankee Classics on YES & saw me catch the ball.

I once got a foul ball in Candlestick when the family was on its great tour the west trip circa 1970. It landed in an empty seat right in front of me. I wish I remembered who hit it but I have no clue.

I also got a ball signed by most of the Senators circa 1968. My dad knew someone who knew someone.

I also have a ball signed by Rico Petroceli, but not when he was a player. Met him at the Sox training camp with the kids about 10 years ago.

I haven't caught a foul ball, came close a few times. But I did catch a HR ball from Ramon Hernandez, when he was on the A's. It was in the bottom of the 9th and they were down by 1, he hit a game tying HR, pretty much right to me in the LF blenchers. It happened to be the Sunday night game of the week on Espn. I still have the footage of my 5 second of fame on vhs and the ball.

Brian,did you have a glove?

Ya I had a glove. I always bring a glove to the game. If I'm sitting in the upper deck or right behind the dugout.